Juventus have announced that forward Paulo Dybala has recovered from the new coronavirus.
Juventus issued a brief statement Wednesday saying that Dybala’s two latest tests came back negative for Covid-19.
“Dybala performed, as per protocol, a double check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for Coronavirus-Covid 19, which came back with negative results,” Juventus said in a statement.
“The player has, therefore, recovered and will no longer be subjected to the home isolation regime,” the Italian champions added.
Dybala later took to social media to confirm the news.
“Many people talked in the past weeks … but I can finally confirm that I am healed. Thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all who are still suffering from it. Take care!” Dybala tweeted. He also posted a picture on Instagram, looking absolutely ecstatic.
Many people talked in the past weeks … but I can finally confirm that I am healed. Thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all who are still suffering from it. Take care!
— Paulo Dybala (@PauDybala_JR) May 6, 2020
“My face says it all, i’m finaly cured from Covid-19,” Dybala posted.
It was reported last week that Dybala was still positive for the disease after several weeks of tests.
Juventus and most of the other Serie A clubs are resuming training this week on an individual basis before full team training restarts on May 18.
Dybala is the third Juventus player to recover from the coronavirus after Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi, who tested negative earlier in April.
Rugani and Matuidi had tested positive for the virus in March. The duo were asymptomatic, but Dybala, showed strong symptoms.
Serie A teams train individually
No soccer balls. No contact with teammates. And no entering the locker room.
One by one, Serie A players are returning to the training field this week under a strict set of guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Ten Sassuolo players were the first ones back Monday, with each player working out on their own at the club’s training facility. Players were spread out over several fields — some had an entire field to themselves — and performed only light running exercises without any balls involved.
Another 10 Sassuolo players were due for workouts on Tuesday, when league-leader Juventus, Atalanta, Bologna and Udinese were also restarting.
Most of the other Italian league clubs were also expected to resume training on an individual basis this week before full team training is slated to restart on May 18.